Happy Saturday Loves!
I am not sure if I have mentioned in the past, but if you know me, I have a huge sweet tooth. Like seriously, for lunch or dinner I rather go for a light salad but definitely end my meal with a huge slice of dessert. It’s all about Balance right?! Donuts are my guilty pleasure and I like to eat them every weekend with my cup of coffee. It’s like the best way to wind down for the week and celebrate another successful work week. It’s definitely a sweet little treat!
This year I decided I want to do more things I enjoy and one of them is baking! I decided to experiment making my own “healthier” version of donuts and after a couple of times trying I think I got the perfect recipe, at least the one that works for me! These donuts are perfect for any occasion and if you have kids, they will love them too! The best part is that they are so easy and convenient to make, you can literally get all the ingredients prepared and ready by the time the oven is pre-heated.
This recipe is so very versatile, meaning that you can make it gluten free if needed. The only thing I would recommend you buying is a donut pan. I decided to go with the smaller donut size pan because everything is better when it’s petite plus it gives the impression that you have more donuts for the same amount of calories. It doesn’t get better than that right?!
Feel free to message if you have any questions on the recipe and don’t forget to share your pics if you decide to make this recipe! My instagram is @all.things.petite and follow me in the liketoknowit.app for direct links to this donut pan!
EASY BAKED GLAZED DONUTS
(under 30 minutes)
For the Donuts
- 1 cup of all purpose flour or GF flour
- 1 cup of Stevia Blend granulated sugar for baking
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 egg white
- 3/4 cup of greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 5 tbsp of coconut milk
For the Glaze
- 1/2 cup of powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp of milk
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F (175C) and spray the donut pan with coconut oil spray pan
- In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients, whisk the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and granulated sugar.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg, yogurt, vanilla extract and milk.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined (but be careful not to over mix!!)
- Place the batter in a zip-blog bag and cut a tiny corner. Use this to fill the pan.
- Bake the donuts for 10-12 minutes (this is for the smaller size pan, the time might be different with a bigger pan size)
- Remove donuts from oven and let them cool before removing them from the pan. Start working on donut glaze.
- For the glaze: In a small bowl, combine the powdered sugar and vanilla extract and 1 tablespoon of milk. Add the additional tablespoon of milk if needed.
- Once the donuts are cool, dip them into the glazed and place them in a cooling baking rack.
- Add sprinkles and ENJOY!
***Serving: makes 12 mini donuts.